An early spring might be predicted but that doesn’t mean we’re out of the winter woods just yet – are you feeling like your skin is looking a bit pale and wan?
If so, don’t fret – as luck would have it, not only is spring around the corner, but our Blushington Beauty Lounge makeup artist Lauren Serra shares her tried and true makeup tips and tricks to liven up the look of your face until the sun and warm weather make their appearance!
Application Tips & Tricks
Our makeup artist shares that a few tweaks to your normal application routine can make all the difference for your winter makeup look, such as:
● Use a large fluffy brush to deposit universal color all over your face
● Use a smaller brush to control where contour, bronzer and blush are applied
● Use your fingers to apply highlighter and to avoid fallout
● Use a Beauty Blender to blend contour.
Step by Step Process and Products For Maximum Winter Makeup Results
Makeup artist Laura Serra recommends starting your winter makeup application process with well exfoliated and well moisturized skin, then using a dewy finish foundation of blemish balm cream to achieve a smooth, healthy complexion. She recommends always moisturizing your lips with Jouer Lip Enhancer and brightening and priming your eyelids with light pink cream and purple brightening powder in Stila Color Correcting Palettes. Full steps for achieving a beautiful winter look are as follows:
Step 1: Self Tan with Vita Liberata Trystal Minerals
● Apply self tanner all over your face and neck with a fluffy brush. Remember to get behind your ears!
Step 2: Apply Contour
● Use Darker Vita Liberata to contour your cheekbones, around your hairline, your eye crease, and your jawbone.
Step 3: Apply Bronzer
● Apply Kevyn Aucoin Neo Bronzer (Sunrise Light, for example) all over your face, then use a darker shade for your cheekbones. Remember to sweep up and around your hairline, over the bridge of your nose and down your neck.
● Use a dark shade of bronzer to shade and define your eye crease, then use your finger to stamp a light shade to your eyelids.
Step 4: Add Color
● Apply Trestique Blush Stick (we love Coral) to build color on the apples of your cheeks and center of your eye crease, then apply to your moisturized lips.
Step 5: Apply Highlighter
● Finally, apply Tata Harper Illuminating Moisturizer along the tops of your cheekbones, being sure to blend all the way onto the apples of your cheeks. Use your fingers to add products to the bridge of your nose, Cupid’s bow, under your eyebrows, and the center of your forehead. To finish off the look, add Jouer Powder Highlighter (Skinny DDip) to the center of your lips.
Don’t let winter weather get your skin down! Take a stab at adding a new winter makeup routine to keep the doldrums at bay: you’ll be glad you did and look beautiful all the way to spring!