With spring just around the corner (at least in the stores!), we've had shopping on our minds. So this week, we thought we'd show you the clothes and accessories we're dying to pair with our new spring makeup.
Allison's Spring Shopping Wish List
1. Lace isn't just for weddings anymore. I love this feminine top from Milly.
2. This zig-zag print Milly bikini is so chic. Now I just need a spray tan.
3. Wedges are your friend. They add inches without adding pain.
4. Stripes never get old, and every girl should own a power skirt, like this one from Tibi.
Stephi's Spring Wardrobe Wish List
1. I'm all about the maxi dress for Spring 2012, and I can always count on Joie for a cute print!
2. I dig the soft pastel color of these cropped skinnies from J. Crew.
3. I wasn't kidding about being all about maxi dresses. I also love this striped number from Splendid.
4. You can never have enough sunnies to choose from.
5. Lanvin makes the most comfortable ballet flats and this aqua shade is perfect for spring.
6. These Alexander Wang zipper sunglasses are so cool.
Emma's Spring Wardrobe Wish List
1. My spring wardrobe staple is a pretty, floaty dress. I love the color and print of this maxi dress from Velvet.
2. Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Body Lotion is to-die-for.
3. I'm planning to add a pop of color to my wardrobe with a bright pair of espadrilles, like these Tory Burch wedges.
All the ladies looked stunning at the Golden Globes last night, but three of them owned the red carpet, if you ask us. Here, our favorite makeup moments from Sunday's awards show.
Kate Beckinsale looked absolutely flawless. Her skin was luminous, and she managed to look uber-glam without crossing over into overdone territory. We were all about her smoky gold-and-bronze shadow that made her eyes sparkle. Her sunkissed cheeks and clear lipgloss were an elegant complement.
Kate Winslet also hit it out of the park with an exquisite traditional look. She paired subtle black eyeliner and soft pinky beige lips with a chic, Old Hollywood hairstyle.
We dug the smoldering, soft brown-and-mauve color palette that Jessica Alba rocked last night to complement her killer Gucci gown. She paired a soft, smoky eye with a barely-there lavender lip color. Her skin had a dewy, sunkissed sheen to it, which will be hot this year. Her look was topped off with insanely gorgeous faux lashes that made her eyes the focal point.
A first date can be a challenge to properly prep for. You want to look your absolute best...without looking like you really tried. We've all said something along the lines of, "What, me? Makeup? Nooo...I just put on a little lip gloss. I swear." And that's the key. Your makeup has to make you absolutely glow without looking like you're wearing much. That's why we love our Simply Glowing look for first dates. It's soft, natural and pretty - and gives you that lit-from-within glow we all strive for. So we thought we'd share with you our top 5 tips for recreating this drop-dead gorgeous look for your next date.
1. Use an illuminating foundation. This will create a dewy base that makes you look radiant. Add a little concealer where needed, and blend well.
2. Brighten up with bronzer. Everyone looks better with a tan, so use a bronzing cream or powder on your cheek bones, forehead, the bridge of nose and your chin - all the areas where the sun would naturally hit. Then use a peachy pink blush on the apples of your cheeks to make them pop. Bonus tip: Add a touch of bronze highlighter to the very top of your cheek bone to really accentuate your bone structure and make yourself glow.
3. Smudged liner is your friend. After adding a bronze or gold shadow to your lids, use an angled brush to smudge a liquid liner into the roots of your lashes to add more depth to your eyes. This look is prettiest without any harsh lines, so the more you blend, the better. To really make your eyes pop, add a touch of ivory or bronze highlighter to your brow bone and the inner corner of your eyes.
4. Lash extensions can fool the best of them. Your date can probably detect a strip of false lashes applied 5 minutes before you run out the door, but we're willing to bet that he'll be so mesmerized by your long, luscious Blushington lash extensions that he won't know what hit him. Plus, they won't end up on his pillowcase at the end of date three.
5. Bring out your most bubbly self with a glass of bubbly. We're not saying to drink the whole bottle or anything, but if you're feeling stressed, why not come in and have a glass of champagne with us while we get you date-ready?
We’re on day 4 of our 2012 cleanse, and let us tell you, it ain’t easy. But despite the zero-carb-induced brain fog we’re experiencing, we started thinking that the beginning of a new year is not just a good time to clean up your diet, but also the perfect time to cleanse your beauty routine.
So, we got Emma Willis, our head makeup artist, to give us her top tips for starting the year off fresh faced and with a purged makeup bag. Here, her top 4 beauty commandments for 2012.
Clean It Up Commandment 1: Toss the Old Stuff
Throw away any old mascara, concealer or foundation (they usually last 3 to 6 months) and replace them with lighter formulas that will let your skin breath. Think tinted moisturizers and even clear mascara to get ready for spring. Plus, a gorgeous, moisturizing lip-gloss goes a long way toward making you feel shiny and new.
Emma’s Product Recommendations: Stila tinted moisturizer; Julie Hewett ‘Camilla’ lip balm; and Becca’s brow gel, which can be used as a clear mascara to make your lashes glisten. All products available at Blushington.
Clean It Up Commandment 2: Wash Your Makeup Brushes
Don’t forget to wash your makeup brushes! Just because you’re the only one using your brushes doesn’t mean it’s okay to skip washing them. (It’s kind of like wearing the same shirt for 7 days in a row.) We recommend washing your brushes every other day, but since we realize this might seem a little overwhelming, try to do it at least once a week. Simply take some shampoo and warm water and thoroughly wash away any makeup residue from each brush. It will make a big difference when you apply your makeup! Then, in between washes, spray or wipe down each brush with a sanitizing mist.
Clean It Up Commandment 3: Start on the Inside
Start taking some green tea antioxidant tablets and essential fatty acid supplements. These will help keep you looking young, boost your metabolism, give you energy and help you detox. Remember, beauty starts on the inside.
Clean It Up Commandment 4: SPF, SPF, SPF
Although its not quite summer yet, the sun is still strong, so throw out last years SPF and replace it with a new, lighter formula. We suggest finding a daily moisturizer that contains SPF. That way you can kill two birds with one stone.
Emma’s Product Recommendation: Kiehl's Abyssine Cream + SPF 23. It’s not greasy, sinks into the skin and smells fresh and clean.
Here's to a clean, beautiful 2012!
2011 has been a wonderful, stressful, amazing and rewarding year! We spent the better part of it planning, building-out and launching Blushington, and we’re so excited to have the honor of ringing in 2012 with many of our fabulous clients who’ll be stopping in on New Year’s Eve to let us glam them up for the biggest party of the year. But before we get too tipsy to think straight, we wanted to share our beauty (and non-beauty) resolutions for 2012 with you.
Stephi, Founder and CEO (top right)
"In 2012, I’m going to take better care of myself: Drink a lot more water, remember to wear sunscreen everyday, and exercise more (it's been way too long)! Plus, I’m going to make a concerted effort to be more adventurous with food and try out new restaurants on a regular basis."
Emma, Director of Artistry (bottom left)
"My beauty resolution for 2012 is to have my first ever facial. (Can you believe I’m a makeup artist and have never had a facial?) To be precise, I’m going to get this 'Diamond Facial' that I've been hearing so much about. My non-beauty resolution is to make at least one person smile every day!"
Allison, President (bottom right)
"This year's the year that I'm finally going to be more daring with color - for my lips, cheeks and eyes! And in other areas of my life, I’m resolving to exercise just a teensy bit more patience!"
From all of us at Blushington, here’s to a beautiful 2012!
Stephi, Allison and Emma
We're excited to announce our newest menu addition: the Sweet Pea, a $10 light makeup application for girls 10 and under. (You can rest assured that we'll doll up your little one age-appropriately. This is no Toddlers and Tiaras training ground!)
At our holiday party last week, our makeup artist Jaime's adorable daughter Mikaya (above) was introduced to some bubble gum pink Stila Lip Glaze before hitting the dessert table to tuck into an array of cupcakes and lollipops. Candy and cosmetics - what more could a little girl want, right?
Meet Larisa Shafir, our lash extension specialist!
HOMETOWN: Kiev, Ukraine
FAVE BLUSHINGTON LOOK: Smoke & Mirrors
A DAY WITHOUT BIG, BOLD LASHES IS LIKE A DAY WITHOUT...: Sunshine!
THE BEST THING ABOUT ROCKING LASH EXTENSIONS IS: In one hour, you can take 10 years off your age. In LA, who doesn't want to do that?
IN HEAVY ROTATION ON YOUR iPOD: FG Radio
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family, career and exercise
FAVE COCKTAIL: I'm always up for a Washington Apple martini
SIGNATURE LOOK: Trendy
FAVE LA HAUNTS: The Bel-Air Hotel, Woodspoon in Downtown LA and Taverna Tony in Malibu
RECIPE TO DESTRESS: Get up, put make-up on and look beautiful!
Happy December, Lovelies! It's hard to believe that it's already the end of the year and the holiday shopping season is in full swing. We're willing to bet that you have a mile-long list of friends and family to shop for as well as a full social schedule. Well, that's where we come in. Not only can we get you gorgeous for all of your holiday soirees, we can also knock some serious shopping off your list with our Blushington Holiday Gift Sets. These beauty bundles, available at our West Hollywood shop, make fabulous hostess gifts and stocking stuffers, and each one is filled with the latest goodies from our killer brands: Stila, Julie Hewett, Kevyn Aucoin, and Becca, as well as our very own Blushington Blending Sponge (an absolute must-have!). And at 30% off the full retail price, these gifts will leave a little cash left over for that New Year's trip you've been planning.
There were lots of gorgeous (and outrageous) makeup looks at this year's American Music Awards. We were definitely digging the natural look on Sunday night: Jennifer Lopez looked pretty in soft pink lipstick, and Taylor Swift was fresh-faced in just a sweep of peachy blush and false lashes for days. (Get lashes like Taylor's.) Selena Gomez channeled Old Hollywood glamour with a bold cat eye, and Heidi Klum rocked our seasonal trend look, the wintery smoky eye, that complemented her silver laser-cut dress smashingly.
Who gets your vote for best beauty look of the night?
Meet Emma Willis, our head makeup artist!
HOMETOWN: London, England. Now...West Hollywood!
FIRST MAKEUP MEMORY: Adding way too much blush and lippy to my 4 sisters when we put on shows for the family many moons ago....ahhh, good memories!
FAVE BLUSHINGTON LOOK: A mix between Pure & Simple and Simply Glowing
WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG: Nivea moisturizer for nighttime, but day to day I use Embryolisse. It leaves a light veil of moisture and sits perfectly under makeup! Becca's Loose Powder in Mocha - I only dust really shiny areas, since dewy skin is always best! Julie Hewett creamy OMIT 1 and 2 concealers. (I mix them together or wear alone, depending on my skin colour and condition.) Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Blush in Patrice for rosy cheeks, and Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara. I mix my own lippy - Elizabeth Arden Eight hour Cream with a small bit of Illamasqua's Intense Lipgloss in Follow. When those are mixed together, it gives me that just-pinched lip look I can't live without!
IN HEAVY ROTATION ON MY iPOD: Paulo Nutini, The Script, Kings of Leon, James Morrison, UB40 and the Dirty Dancing sound track!
3 THINGS I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT: My hubby Graham and our kids, Rocky & Narla.....well, they're actually cats, but it's like having children with those two!
1 THING NONE OF MY CO-WORKERS KNOW ABOUT ME: White feathers tend to follow me around, so I designed a tattoo of a feather with the script, "Angels of Grace Defend Us" (from Hamlet) and "Aim High and Stand Strong," which is my own little motto in life, on either side of it. The tattoo is on the back of my neck.
BEAUTY MOTTO: Smile
FAVE LA HAUNT: The garden at Chateau Marmont
RECEIPE FOR DE-STRESSING: Hiking up Runyon Canyon with my best buddies in the sun! And remembering what my Dad says often when he's had one too many: "Will it matter in 100 years time?" That always makes me smile!
Page 9 of 15 ‹ First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last ›