We know you're almost perfect. But for those days when you're feeling just a little less beautiful than normal due to some inconvenient beauty bummer, Emma Willis, our head makeup artist, is here to rescue you with the prettiest solution possible.
BEAUTY BUMMER 1: UNDER-EYE CIRCLES AND PUFFINESS
For dark under-eye circles, add a drop of pure orange concealer (I recommend Kryolan Dermacolor concealer) or corrector to your regular concealer. This will counter-balance the deep blue-grey color that makes your eyes look like they’ve sunken into your skull and like you need a serious nap.
Puffiness can arise from too much sleep or too little. Rinsing the eye area with ice-cold water first thing in the morning helps to reduce swelling, but if you can spare 5 or 10 minutes, try this tea bag trick: Drop caffeinated tea bags into ice-cold water and then place them over each eye for several minutes. The anti-oxidants and caffeine in tea are excellent for banishing inflammation.
BEAUTY BUMMER 2: A BLEMISH THAT APPEARS AT JUST THE WRONG MOMENT
Should a blemish or spot decide to pop up right before a big date, a college reunion, a job interview, or any other important moment in life, Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion or Rodan + Fields Unblemish are my picks for miracle products that work overnight to dry out the skin and reduce redness.
Check back later in the week for more of Emma's cures for your beauty woes!
It's Spring Break time, and even though we aren't in school anymore, we can't help but get caught up in a little mid-March vacay daydreaming. And since we're sure some of you will be lucky enough to jet off somewhere tropical this spring, we thought we'd share our favorite destinations and beach bag essentials with you.
My ultimate relaxation destination is Punta Mita, Mexico. To make sure I look my best at the beach, I always get lash extensions before a trip. The less maintenance and makeup I need to deal with while away, the better! In my beach bag, I keep a stash of products that serve multiple purposes: Becca Beach Tint and Julie Hewett Camellia Balm are two of my must-haves along with Chapstick and plenty of sunscreen. Chips, guac and a margarita are the only other things I need!
I love St. Lawrence Gap in Barbados - specifically Bougainvilla Beach Resort. Barbados is an amazing place to chill and recharge, and all you need to look perfectly sunkissed is a little tint or stain for the eyes, cheeks and lips! Stila Mango Crush Lip and Cheek Stain is gorgeous. I also adore Guava Beach Tint by Becca. Using your fingers, you can apply a small amount of either product to your eyelids, the apple of your cheeks and all over your lips. Tints and stains are great for the beach because they last for hours and many are water resistant. I also love to have my eyelashes tinted before any break so I don't have to think about mascara, when I'd rather be focusing on the island's famous fruit punch.
In my mind, there's no better place to get away from it all than Tahiti! Besides a good book, my beach bag is stocked with Kevyn Aucoin Isadore Cream Blush, my absolute favorite product from Blushington; as well as Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 for coverage while protecting against the sun's rays; and Julie Hewett Rose Water to keep my makeup going strong all day and to stay cool and fresh!
About to tie the knot? We offer a full range of bridal makeup services, from getting you camera-ready for your engagement photos (our Camera Ready look is only $50) to wedding makeup trials and mobile services on the big day. We’ll bring our fully-armed glam squad to you the day of to make sure that you and your bridal party look your absolute best with long-wearing makeup that won’t wear off during the ceremony and reception. Our on-location services start at $100 for the bride and add-ons such as faux lashes and airbrush foundation are also available.
The Academy Awards red carpet was full of bold makeup choices, and the biggest trend of the night was clearly rich red lips, as seen on Milla Jovovich, Angelina Jolie and Rooney Mara. Milla Jovovich seriously wowed us with her matte lipstick and natural eye makeup set against glowing, flawless skin. She looked absolutely radiant. Angelina rocked her signature red lips as well, but went for a slightly warmer orange-red shade than usual. Rooney Mara looked elegant and groomed, with a red lip that was a perfect contrast to her dark, structured hair and to-die-for brows.
On the lighter side, Cameron Diaz and Michelle Williams both donned a pretty pink lip along with natural makeup that made both look young and fresh. Emma Stone mixed up her pastel pink and mauve palette with a black winged liner – adding a little edge to her otherwise soft look. We also thought Glenn Close did the soft focus trend brilliantly. She looked stunning in a mauve glossy lip, warm rosy cheeks and soft smudged eyeliner.
Spring may be in the air, but it's fall on the runways! The great thing about beauty is that you don't have to wait until autumn to wear all the best looks from the Fall 2012 fashion shows. Here are our favorite beauty looks from New York Fashion Week.
We loved the monochromatic faces at Alexander Wang. The soft muted browns and beiges used for this show created a flattering and casual daytime look. The eyes at Derek Lam were to-die-for. We adored the way light purple shadow was blended with soft, smudged black liner for sultry, sexy eyes! On the Gucci runway, red lips ruled. Crimson, brick and cherry lips were perfectly lined, filled in and covered with high shine lipstick or gloss. The mantra at this show was definitely “simple face, bold lips!” At Ralph Lauren, flushed coral cheeks gave the models that just-out-of-the-bedroom glow. Gorgeous! And finally, another trend that’s hot this season and is continuing into fall, as seen on the runway at Thakoon, is our seasonal look: The Coral Kiss. Matte orange lips will make any girl’s makeup pop!
There were lots of gorgeous looks on the Grammy Awards red carpet, but 3 lovely ladies really stood out to us. Here, our picks for the most memorable makeup of the night. We loved Adele's retro red lips and winged liner. It was very Lucky Stars! Carrie Underwood's Smoke and Mirrors look paired va-va-voom eyes (check out those lashes!) with an understated nude lip. Taylor Swift was Simply Glowing in a pretty peach lip and cheek color that she partnered with a metallic smoky eye. Who was your favorite of the night?
Our seasonal look for Spring was inspired by the runways of Imitation of Christ (pictured above, left), Ralph Lauren, Jil Sander and Miu Miu. The look combines a peachy blush with a bright coral lip and a simple eye, creating a soft, pretty palette for spring.
To recreate this look, start by applying a sheer coverage foundation or tinted moisturizer, such as Stila Illuminating Foundation, to keep the skin dewy. Warm the cheeks and temples with a soft bronzer (Stila Sun Bronzer is our pick), and then add a little peach or coral blush to the apples of the cheeks to create a natural-looking flush. Keep the eyes soft with a dusting of a warm beige shadow buffed in and blended well, so there are no harsh lines. Add mascara and brush through!
For the lips, you can either stain them with a lip tint or use a rich lipstick with orange tones to it. For a great coral tone, try Julie Hewett’s Belle Noir Lipstick or Peachie Lip & Cheek. If you like glossy lips, sweep some clear gloss on top of the orange lips to make them really pop!
Of course, if you would rather leave it to us, book an appointment and we'll give you The Coral Kiss while you kick back, relax and sip some champagne!
With spring just around the corner (at least in the stores!), we've had shopping on our minds. So this week, we thought we'd show you the clothes and accessories we're dying to pair with our new spring makeup.
Allison's Spring Shopping Wish List
1. Lace isn't just for weddings anymore. I love this feminine top from Milly.
2. This zig-zag print Milly bikini is so chic. Now I just need a spray tan.
3. Wedges are your friend. They add inches without adding pain.
4. Stripes never get old, and every girl should own a power skirt, like this one from Tibi.
Stephi's Spring Wardrobe Wish List
1. I'm all about the maxi dress for Spring 2012, and I can always count on Joie for a cute print!
2. I dig the soft pastel color of these cropped skinnies from J. Crew.
3. I wasn't kidding about being all about maxi dresses. I also love this striped number from Splendid.
4. You can never have enough sunnies to choose from.
5. Lanvin makes the most comfortable ballet flats and this aqua shade is perfect for spring.
6. These Alexander Wang zipper sunglasses are so cool.
Emma's Spring Wardrobe Wish List
1. My spring wardrobe staple is a pretty, floaty dress. I love the color and print of this maxi dress from Velvet.
2. Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Body Lotion is to-die-for.
3. I'm planning to add a pop of color to my wardrobe with a bright pair of espadrilles, like these Tory Burch wedges.
All the ladies looked stunning at the Golden Globes last night, but three of them owned the red carpet, if you ask us. Here, our favorite makeup moments from Sunday's awards show.
Kate Beckinsale looked absolutely flawless. Her skin was luminous, and she managed to look uber-glam without crossing over into overdone territory. We were all about her smoky gold-and-bronze shadow that made her eyes sparkle. Her sunkissed cheeks and clear lipgloss were an elegant complement.
Kate Winslet also hit it out of the park with an exquisite traditional look. She paired subtle black eyeliner and soft pinky beige lips with a chic, Old Hollywood hairstyle.
We dug the smoldering, soft brown-and-mauve color palette that Jessica Alba rocked last night to complement her killer Gucci gown. She paired a soft, smoky eye with a barely-there lavender lip color. Her skin had a dewy, sunkissed sheen to it, which will be hot this year. Her look was topped off with insanely gorgeous faux lashes that made her eyes the focal point.
A first date can be a challenge to properly prep for. You want to look your absolute best...without looking like you really tried. We've all said something along the lines of, "What, me? Makeup? Nooo...I just put on a little lip gloss. I swear." And that's the key. Your makeup has to make you absolutely glow without looking like you're wearing much. That's why we love our Simply Glowing look for first dates. It's soft, natural and pretty - and gives you that lit-from-within glow we all strive for. So we thought we'd share with you our top 5 tips for recreating this drop-dead gorgeous look for your next date.
1. Use an illuminating foundation. This will create a dewy base that makes you look radiant. Add a little concealer where needed, and blend well.
2. Brighten up with bronzer. Everyone looks better with a tan, so use a bronzing cream or powder on your cheek bones, forehead, the bridge of nose and your chin - all the areas where the sun would naturally hit. Then use a peachy pink blush on the apples of your cheeks to make them pop. Bonus tip: Add a touch of bronze highlighter to the very top of your cheek bone to really accentuate your bone structure and make yourself glow.
3. Smudged liner is your friend. After adding a bronze or gold shadow to your lids, use an angled brush to smudge a liquid liner into the roots of your lashes to add more depth to your eyes. This look is prettiest without any harsh lines, so the more you blend, the better. To really make your eyes pop, add a touch of ivory or bronze highlighter to your brow bone and the inner corner of your eyes.
4. Lash extensions can fool the best of them. Your date can probably detect a strip of false lashes applied 5 minutes before you run out the door, but we're willing to bet that he'll be so mesmerized by your long, luscious Blushington lash extensions that he won't know what hit him. Plus, they won't end up on his pillowcase at the end of date three.
5. Bring out your most bubbly self with a glass of bubbly. We're not saying to drink the whole bottle or anything, but if you're feeling stressed, why not come in and have a glass of champagne with us while we get you date-ready?
Page 9 of 15 ‹ First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last ›