About to tie the knot? We offer a full range of bridal makeup services, from getting you camera-ready for your engagement photos (our Camera Ready look is only $50) to wedding makeup trials and mobile services on the big day. We’ll bring our fully-armed glam squad to you the day of to make sure that you and your bridal party look your absolute best with long-wearing makeup that won’t wear off during the ceremony and reception. Our on-location services start at $100 for the bride and add-ons such as faux lashes and airbrush foundation are also available.
The Academy Awards red carpet was full of bold makeup choices, and the biggest trend of the night was clearly rich red lips, as seen on Milla Jovovich, Angelina Jolie and Rooney Mara. Milla Jovovich seriously wowed us with her matte lipstick and natural eye makeup set against glowing, flawless skin. She looked absolutely radiant. Angelina rocked her signature red lips as well, but went for a slightly warmer orange-red shade than usual. Rooney Mara looked elegant and groomed, with a red lip that was a perfect contrast to her dark, structured hair and to-die-for brows.
On the lighter side, Cameron Diaz and Michelle Williams both donned a pretty pink lip along with natural makeup that made both look young and fresh. Emma Stone mixed up her pastel pink and mauve palette with a black winged liner – adding a little edge to her otherwise soft look. We also thought Glenn Close did the soft focus trend brilliantly. She looked stunning in a mauve glossy lip, warm rosy cheeks and soft smudged eyeliner.
Spring may be in the air, but it's fall on the runways! The great thing about beauty is that you don't have to wait until autumn to wear all the best looks from the Fall 2012 fashion shows. Here are our favorite beauty looks from New York Fashion Week.
We loved the monochromatic faces at Alexander Wang. The soft muted browns and beiges used for this show created a flattering and casual daytime look. The eyes at Derek Lam were to-die-for. We adored the way light purple shadow was blended with soft, smudged black liner for sultry, sexy eyes! On the Gucci runway, red lips ruled. Crimson, brick and cherry lips were perfectly lined, filled in and covered with high shine lipstick or gloss. The mantra at this show was definitely “simple face, bold lips!” At Ralph Lauren, flushed coral cheeks gave the models that just-out-of-the-bedroom glow. Gorgeous! And finally, another trend that’s hot this season and is continuing into fall, as seen on the runway at Thakoon, is our seasonal look: The Coral Kiss. Matte orange lips will make any girl’s makeup pop!
There were lots of gorgeous looks on the Grammy Awards red carpet, but 3 lovely ladies really stood out to us. Here, our picks for the most memorable makeup of the night. We loved Adele's retro red lips and winged liner. It was very Lucky Stars! Carrie Underwood's Smoke and Mirrors look paired va-va-voom eyes (check out those lashes!) with an understated nude lip. Taylor Swift was Simply Glowing in a pretty peach lip and cheek color that she partnered with a metallic smoky eye. Who was your favorite of the night?
Our seasonal look for Spring was inspired by the runways of Imitation of Christ (pictured above, left), Ralph Lauren, Jil Sander and Miu Miu. The look combines a peachy blush with a bright coral lip and a simple eye, creating a soft, pretty palette for spring.
To recreate this look, start by applying a sheer coverage foundation or tinted moisturizer, such as Stila Illuminating Foundation, to keep the skin dewy. Warm the cheeks and temples with a soft bronzer (Stila Sun Bronzer is our pick), and then add a little peach or coral blush to the apples of the cheeks to create a natural-looking flush. Keep the eyes soft with a dusting of a warm beige shadow buffed in and blended well, so there are no harsh lines. Add mascara and brush through!
For the lips, you can either stain them with a lip tint or use a rich lipstick with orange tones to it. For a great coral tone, try Julie Hewett’s Belle Noir Lipstick or Peachie Lip & Cheek. If you like glossy lips, sweep some clear gloss on top of the orange lips to make them really pop!
Of course, if you would rather leave it to us, book an appointment and we'll give you The Coral Kiss while you kick back, relax and sip some champagne!
With spring just around the corner (at least in the stores!), we've had shopping on our minds. So this week, we thought we'd show you the clothes and accessories we're dying to pair with our new spring makeup.
Allison's Spring Shopping Wish List
1. Lace isn't just for weddings anymore. I love this feminine top from Milly.
2. This zig-zag print Milly bikini is so chic. Now I just need a spray tan.
3. Wedges are your friend. They add inches without adding pain.
4. Stripes never get old, and every girl should own a power skirt, like this one from Tibi.
Stephi's Spring Wardrobe Wish List
1. I'm all about the maxi dress for Spring 2012, and I can always count on Joie for a cute print!
2. I dig the soft pastel color of these cropped skinnies from J. Crew.
3. I wasn't kidding about being all about maxi dresses. I also love this striped number from Splendid.
4. You can never have enough sunnies to choose from.
5. Lanvin makes the most comfortable ballet flats and this aqua shade is perfect for spring.
6. These Alexander Wang zipper sunglasses are so cool.
Emma's Spring Wardrobe Wish List
1. My spring wardrobe staple is a pretty, floaty dress. I love the color and print of this maxi dress from Velvet.
2. Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Body Lotion is to-die-for.
3. I'm planning to add a pop of color to my wardrobe with a bright pair of espadrilles, like these Tory Burch wedges.
All the ladies looked stunning at the Golden Globes last night, but three of them owned the red carpet, if you ask us. Here, our favorite makeup moments from Sunday's awards show.
Kate Beckinsale looked absolutely flawless. Her skin was luminous, and she managed to look uber-glam without crossing over into overdone territory. We were all about her smoky gold-and-bronze shadow that made her eyes sparkle. Her sunkissed cheeks and clear lipgloss were an elegant complement.
Kate Winslet also hit it out of the park with an exquisite traditional look. She paired subtle black eyeliner and soft pinky beige lips with a chic, Old Hollywood hairstyle.
We dug the smoldering, soft brown-and-mauve color palette that Jessica Alba rocked last night to complement her killer Gucci gown. She paired a soft, smoky eye with a barely-there lavender lip color. Her skin had a dewy, sunkissed sheen to it, which will be hot this year. Her look was topped off with insanely gorgeous faux lashes that made her eyes the focal point.
A first date can be a challenge to properly prep for. You want to look your absolute best...without looking like you really tried. We've all said something along the lines of, "What, me? Makeup? Nooo...I just put on a little lip gloss. I swear." And that's the key. Your makeup has to make you absolutely glow without looking like you're wearing much. That's why we love our Simply Glowing look for first dates. It's soft, natural and pretty - and gives you that lit-from-within glow we all strive for. So we thought we'd share with you our top 5 tips for recreating this drop-dead gorgeous look for your next date.
1. Use an illuminating foundation. This will create a dewy base that makes you look radiant. Add a little concealer where needed, and blend well.
2. Brighten up with bronzer. Everyone looks better with a tan, so use a bronzing cream or powder on your cheek bones, forehead, the bridge of nose and your chin - all the areas where the sun would naturally hit. Then use a peachy pink blush on the apples of your cheeks to make them pop. Bonus tip: Add a touch of bronze highlighter to the very top of your cheek bone to really accentuate your bone structure and make yourself glow.
3. Smudged liner is your friend. After adding a bronze or gold shadow to your lids, use an angled brush to smudge a liquid liner into the roots of your lashes to add more depth to your eyes. This look is prettiest without any harsh lines, so the more you blend, the better. To really make your eyes pop, add a touch of ivory or bronze highlighter to your brow bone and the inner corner of your eyes.
4. Lash extensions can fool the best of them. Your date can probably detect a strip of false lashes applied 5 minutes before you run out the door, but we're willing to bet that he'll be so mesmerized by your long, luscious Blushington lash extensions that he won't know what hit him. Plus, they won't end up on his pillowcase at the end of date three.
5. Bring out your most bubbly self with a glass of bubbly. We're not saying to drink the whole bottle or anything, but if you're feeling stressed, why not come in and have a glass of champagne with us while we get you date-ready?
We’re on day 4 of our 2012 cleanse, and let us tell you, it ain’t easy. But despite the zero-carb-induced brain fog we’re experiencing, we started thinking that the beginning of a new year is not just a good time to clean up your diet, but also the perfect time to cleanse your beauty routine.
So, we got Emma Willis, our head makeup artist, to give us her top tips for starting the year off fresh faced and with a purged makeup bag. Here, her top 4 beauty commandments for 2012.
Clean It Up Commandment 1: Toss the Old Stuff
Throw away any old mascara, concealer or foundation (they usually last 3 to 6 months) and replace them with lighter formulas that will let your skin breath. Think tinted moisturizers and even clear mascara to get ready for spring. Plus, a gorgeous, moisturizing lip-gloss goes a long way toward making you feel shiny and new.
Emma’s Product Recommendations: Stila tinted moisturizer; Julie Hewett ‘Camilla’ lip balm; and Becca’s brow gel, which can be used as a clear mascara to make your lashes glisten. All products available at Blushington.
Clean It Up Commandment 2: Wash Your Makeup Brushes
Don’t forget to wash your makeup brushes! Just because you’re the only one using your brushes doesn’t mean it’s okay to skip washing them. (It’s kind of like wearing the same shirt for 7 days in a row.) We recommend washing your brushes every other day, but since we realize this might seem a little overwhelming, try to do it at least once a week. Simply take some shampoo and warm water and thoroughly wash away any makeup residue from each brush. It will make a big difference when you apply your makeup! Then, in between washes, spray or wipe down each brush with a sanitizing mist.
Clean It Up Commandment 3: Start on the Inside
Start taking some green tea antioxidant tablets and essential fatty acid supplements. These will help keep you looking young, boost your metabolism, give you energy and help you detox. Remember, beauty starts on the inside.
Clean It Up Commandment 4: SPF, SPF, SPF
Although its not quite summer yet, the sun is still strong, so throw out last years SPF and replace it with a new, lighter formula. We suggest finding a daily moisturizer that contains SPF. That way you can kill two birds with one stone.
Emma’s Product Recommendation: Kiehl's Abyssine Cream + SPF 23. It’s not greasy, sinks into the skin and smells fresh and clean.
Here's to a clean, beautiful 2012!
2011 has been a wonderful, stressful, amazing and rewarding year! We spent the better part of it planning, building-out and launching Blushington, and we’re so excited to have the honor of ringing in 2012 with many of our fabulous clients who’ll be stopping in on New Year’s Eve to let us glam them up for the biggest party of the year. But before we get too tipsy to think straight, we wanted to share our beauty (and non-beauty) resolutions for 2012 with you.
Stephi, Founder and CEO (top right)
"In 2012, I’m going to take better care of myself: Drink a lot more water, remember to wear sunscreen everyday, and exercise more (it's been way too long)! Plus, I’m going to make a concerted effort to be more adventurous with food and try out new restaurants on a regular basis."
Emma, Director of Artistry (bottom left)
"My beauty resolution for 2012 is to have my first ever facial. (Can you believe I’m a makeup artist and have never had a facial?) To be precise, I’m going to get this 'Diamond Facial' that I've been hearing so much about. My non-beauty resolution is to make at least one person smile every day!"
Allison, President (bottom right)
"This year's the year that I'm finally going to be more daring with color - for my lips, cheeks and eyes! And in other areas of my life, I’m resolving to exercise just a teensy bit more patience!"
From all of us at Blushington, here’s to a beautiful 2012!
Stephi, Allison and Emma