No one has completely perfect skin. But everyone wants to look like they do! Follow these makeup tricks to ensure you have a flawless looking complexion every day:
1. Moisturize! Your skin will stay hydrated and you’ll also create a good base for primer. If you’re oily, only moisturize under your eyes and in your drier areas.
2. Apply primer with a foundation brush only where it’s needed. You read that right—most primers are not meant to go all over your face Instead, they should be used more as a corrector for problem spots. For example, if you have roscea, use the primer in those areas and leave the other areas alone.
3. Saturate a makeup sponge with water and squeeze out the excess. Then dip it in foundation and using a stippling motion, apply the foundation all over your entire face avoiding the under eye area. Wetting the sponge helps to melt the foundation into the skin which makes it look more natural.
4. Choose a shade of concealer lighter than your foundation. Use a concealer brush and dab it into any areas you want to conceal under your eyes, between the brows, and around the nose. After you apply it, go back with the foundation brush and pat it into your skin, leaving a soft finish that helps to meld everything together for a flawless appearance.
click for photo/credit
Bright lips are hot, hot, hot! But how can you pull it off without looking like you still live in the 80s? To keep a bright lip clean and trendy, keep everything else super simple. Skip the heavy eye makeup and opt for a little liner and lots of mascara coupled with glowy skin so that the focus is on your lip.
When you go to pick out your bright lip color, stay away from neon colors since they can instantly date you.Think hot pink with a hint of magenta and more tangerine rather than neon orange.
To get the perfect application, exfoliate your lips so that you have a smooth surface for the lipstick. Be sure to pick out a matching lip liner so you can get a clean precise line. After you line your lips, saturate a lip brush with the lipstick and blend it into the lip liner. This will give you the perfect bright lip.
A few of our faves:
Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiore for a stained look
Kevyn Aucoin Forever Lipstick
Becca's Flamingo Crush for a glossy look
Jouer's lipstick in Grace for more of a subtle look
Julie Hewett Lipstick in Belle Noir for more of a brighter look
click for photo credit/source
Now that your summer glow is slowly fading away, it’s a good time to rethink your makeup. Fall is an especially great time to switch up your foundation—from the lighter coverage tinted moisturizers that are great for summer to a formula that is a bit fuller, less dewy, and more matte. In addition to fuller coverage, look for a foundation that has emollient properties to help hydrate your skin during the cooler weather. Here are our picks for perfect fall foundations:
Perfect and Correct Foundation by Stila is the perfect segue into a fuller coverage product, yet won’t look over-done or cakey. The best part—moisturizer and primer are included so it’s a one-stop product.
Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation by Becca is another great product to introduce into your regimen this time of year. It leaves your skin with a velvety matte finish and the “just right” amount of coverage.
click here for photo credit/source
Afraid of falsies? Don’t be. You can get luscious false lashes easily—by making an appointment here at Blushington! Want to try to do it on your own? Here’s how to get a professional look without an appointment:
1. Choose strip lashes that best suit your personality, comfort, and style.
2. Measure the lashes to each eye. Align the shortest lashes at the inner corner of your eye. The longest lashes should be aligned to your outer eye. If the lashes feel too heavy or long against your own lash line, cut off any excess.
3. Apply Duo Lash Glue (It comes in both Clear and Black; we prefer the Black) to the false lash. Use a thin spatula or the back of a makeup brush to apply the glue. Just don’t use a cotton swab since the cotton fuzz can easily get in to your eye. Allow the glue to get a bit tacky and not too liquidy which will make the lash stick better.
4. Apply the lash right over your own lashes (not above or below). Hold on to the lash for at least 10 seconds.
5. Allow glue to fully dry. Finish your lash application by applying mascara to get extra drama.
Long night? Don’t show it! The trick with covering up dark under-eye circles is using a color correcting concealer in a peach or orangey shade. Using an orange tone will cancel out any blue that is under the eye area—which ultimately helps conceal any unwanted darkness. Sounds crazy, but it works; Remember the old school color wheel? Orange and blue are opposite colors, which is why they cancel each other out.
After you’ve used a peachy shade to correct the blueish tones, go back over the entire eye area (including the eye lidl) and apply a brightening concealer—either in your exact skin tone or one hint of a shade lighter—to help illuminate the eye area.
Our fave combination to help hide a sleepless night:
Omit Conealer by Julie Hewett in Shade 2 or Shade 3 is the perfect peachy color correcting concealer. Apply with a brush in a patting motion.
Duo Concealer by Becca is perfect for a creamy, bright eye. Apply over the color corrector.
Age-Repairing Concealer by Jouer combines Dermaxyl® Complex and Brazilian botanicals for ultimate coverage. It corrects skin imperfections, offering heavy coverage, while reducing the signs of aging & stress and eliminating shine. Apply using light strokes around nose, chin, under eyes to even out skin tone and to conceal blemishes.
Tinted moisturizers seem to be the hottest item in makeup right now. More of a sheer version of foundation than skincare, most tinted moisturizers contain SPF—a huge plus since it’s a one-stop product which offers moisture, coverage, and sun protection. Tinted moisturizers are best applied with your fingers to achieve that fresh "no makeup, makeup look.”
Still, picking one out can be confusing since there’s so many choices when it comes to texture, color, and coverage. Here are a couple of our faves:
Jouer Matte Moisture Tint is great for a fresh, clean makeup look without being overly dewy or done up. We love it for day and night.
Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 is an amazing everyday formulation that will leave skin looking dewy—not too shiny—for all day protection.
Jouer Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer is a great alternative if someone wants a more dewey glow to their skin. It's great for dry to normal skin!
Keeping skin clean, fresh, and oil-free during the summer isn’t the easiest thing to do. Our number one tip for removing excess oil—rinse your face with cold water. Good old H2O is a universal solvent and not only removes oil buildup, but rinses away environmental stressors and refreshes your complexion.
Still, all the water in the world can’t keep shine at bay unless you’re also using effective skincare products. We are in love with the new skincare line that Stila recently launched. The five piece Try-Me Set lets you test out each of the products that are perfect for oily skin:
Coming Clean Revitalizing Gel Cleanser is great for this time of year because it will remove excess oil without leaving your skin feeling dehydrated.
Glowing Reviews Gentle Skin Renewal Scrub gives a little extra cleaning for your skin. It’s perfect after a day at the beach or prior to self tanning.
Undercover Conditioning Toner & Moisture Prep removes excess oil and preps skin to take in moisture.
Face the Day Multi-use Moisturizing Gel Cream hydrates without being too heavy.
Light Source Spot Correcting & Brightening Serum is targeted for hyper-pigmentation and brightening, which can help prevent any unnecessary spots from peaking through the skin.
You should always wear sunscreen on your face, regardless of the season. But during the summer months, SPF is essential. Still, it can be a hassle to remember to slather it on every day. So instead of adding another product to your beauty routine, just make sure that your makeup has SPF 15 or higher. You’ll be automatically protecting your skin from the sun’s harsh rays every time you put on your makeup. Here are a couple of our fave products with SPF that are perfect for summertime.
Stila Hydrating Primer with SPF 30 is an amazing product to kickstart your beauty routine. It’s oil-free, fragrance free, and super light-weight so it won’t feel heavy on hot summer days.
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector with SPF 25 creates an ethereal glow and won’t leave skin looking too done up. It can be used as a primer/base or a highlighter to create subtle luminosity.
click here for photo credit/source
There is no excuse to ever run out of the house without makeup on. With a few quick tips, you can master a fresh looking face in less than five minutes:
Always wear sunscreen to protect your skin. To save time, use a primer, tinted moisturizer, or foundation that has SPF already in it. That said, tinted moisturizer is a great morning starter, since it’s sheer and you won’t look too made up. Add a little blush to give a pop of color to your skin. Cream blush makes your skin look dewy, while a powder formula tends to look heavier since it’s matte. Mascara is the one item you should never leave home without! A few coats on your upper lashes helps to brighten your eyes. Something as simple as filling in your eyebrows (pencil or powder) can help give you a defined look. Finish your quick and easy makeup routine with a swipe of tinted lip balm or sheer gloss.
On-the-Go makeup service is offered at Blushington Monday-Saturday for $20. The service includes tinted moisturizer as your base, powder, bronzer, blush (either choice), brows, mascara, and gloss!
click for photo credit/source
By the end of a work day, your makeup definitely needs a refresher. And if you have a date, a girls' night out, or an after-work event, there are a few easy changes that can help make your existing makeup look bolder. Here’s how to easily go from a daytime look to an evening look—without starting over.
*Apply more powder to beat daytime shininess and ensure a flawless canvas for your evening makeup application.
*Sweep on some powder blush, to further tone down the all-day shine build-up. A little color on your cheeks can also help you look fresh and awake—even if you’re exhausted after a full day’s work.
* Eyeliner is a quick and easy way to darken your daytime look. We recommend black liner if you’re looking for an intense smokey look; brown/bronze liner is more subtle but still creates a bit of drama.
* Most of us wear gloss or subtle lipstick for work. For an evening, punch up your pout with a bold, bright color (think: coral or bright pink) and by layering the shade on with lipliner, lipstick, and gloss.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 > Last ›