A first date can be a challenge to properly prep for. You want to look your absolute best...without looking like you really tried. We've all said something along the lines of, "What, me? Makeup? Nooo...I just put on a little lip gloss. I swear." And that's the key. Your makeup has to make you absolutely glow without looking like you're wearing much. That's why we love our Simply Glowing look for first dates. It's soft, natural and pretty - and gives you that lit-from-within glow we all strive for. So we thought we'd share with you our top 5 tips for recreating this drop-dead gorgeous look for your next date.
1. Use an illuminating foundation. This will create a dewy base that makes you look radiant. Add a little concealer where needed, and blend well.
2. Brighten up with bronzer. Everyone looks better with a tan, so use a bronzing cream or powder on your cheek bones, forehead, the bridge of nose and your chin - all the areas where the sun would naturally hit. Then use a peachy pink blush on the apples of your cheeks to make them pop. Bonus tip: Add a touch of bronze highlighter to the very top of your cheek bone to really accentuate your bone structure and make yourself glow.
3. Smudged liner is your friend. After adding a bronze or gold shadow to your lids, use an angled brush to smudge a liquid liner into the roots of your lashes to add more depth to your eyes. This look is prettiest without any harsh lines, so the more you blend, the better. To really make your eyes pop, add a touch of ivory or bronze highlighter to your brow bone and the inner corner of your eyes.
4. Lash extensions can fool the best of them. Your date can probably detect a strip of false lashes applied 5 minutes before you run out the door, but we're willing to bet that he'll be so mesmerized by your long, luscious Blushington lash extensions that he won't know what hit him. Plus, they won't end up on his pillowcase at the end of date three.
5. Bring out your most bubbly self with a glass of bubbly. We're not saying to drink the whole bottle or anything, but if you're feeling stressed, why not come in and have a glass of champagne with us while we get you date-ready?